Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's cool to keep your Raspberries, Broccoli and Skin Care in the fridge

As I learn more about being healthy, strong and beautiful in my 40's, my research has lead me to great food, wonderful Skin Care Professionals and incredible skin care products. But where do I store this yummy food and perfect for my skin products to keep them fresh and readily available? Inside my beautiful stainless french door refrigerator, in the humidically controlled fruit and vegetable drawers, you will find Kale, Broccoli, Strawberries and more. In the top right hand door shelf, there is Silk half and half, Hemp oil, Flax seed and Flax seed oil, and my Obagj Professional-C Serum.

Why you ask do I have my skin care in amongst my tummy filling treats? It is recommended we place Vitamin C rich foods in the fridge as Vitamin C is highly sensitive to air, sunlight, water and temperature fluctuation. And since we are eating these foods to boost our immune system, lower our cancer risk, and heal wounds within the body, we want to ensure the food is at it's optimum when we eat it. It is also known to be a powerful antioxidant in the body. Vitamin C is a water-soluble essential vitamin that is quickly lost from your body, so daily intake is vital.

Knowing this, it makes sense to put the Vitamin C Rich Skin Care in the refrigerator as well. And now I have learned many skin care professionals and skin care manufacturers recommend placing certain nutrient rich products in the controlled environment the refrigerator provides. Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) is one of the topical agents whose effectiveness against wrinkles and fine lines is backed by a fair amount of reliable scientific evidence. Vitamin C rich skin care is designed to visibly reduce the signs of aging, protect your skin from future damage from free radicals, and support healthy skin function. The smooth serum also boosts collagen, brightens skin tone, and restores needed moisture and hydration to improve the skin's tone and texture.

Keeping some of our skin care products from aging themselves is becoming so highly recommended that there are several companies producing beautiful and affordable "Cosmetic and Medical " fridges, designed to fit in a smaller space such as a bath or hallway closet. Of course I am looking into the pink and black series....
So, now that we know it is cool to keep our products in the fridge, maybe it will replace some of the junk food I once had on that shelf...

http://www.popgadget.net/2006/02/cosmetic_refrig.php

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=109
www.obagi.com

www.reulaserandskincare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment